[Openvpn-users] NEWBIE simple VPN setup connects, and pings, but can not see or share files

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] NEWBIE simple VPN setup connects, and pings, but can not see or share files
  • From: Rich Elliott <richelliott@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 08:36:24 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry I forgot the subject in the last post!

I have a simple question, I think.

I have a very small network at the office. Cable internet -to- a WRT54G router -to- 5 computers... All computers WinXP Pro, only one computer (it is running OpenVPN) needs to be accessed from one remote location. I have tested with this minimum configuration:

**Server**
dev tun
ifconfig 10.8.0.1 10.8.0.2
secret static.key

**client**
remote host.homedns.org
dev tun
ifconfig 10.8.0.2 10.8.0.1
secret static.key

I can ping from either end with no problems. But I can not see any of the files on the server. Is there anything I need to do to be able to access files from the remote location? The remote location laptop can see and access the files when in the office and hooked to the office network.

Thnaks,
Rich Elliott