Re: [Openvpn-users] Accessing resources between clients

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Accessing resources between clients
  • From: <nobledark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 07:52:00 -0400

Hi Marco,

Thanks - I found that info in the archives but I appreciate the
confirmation. We'll see how well it works next week :)

-Nd

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 23:23:52 -0400 Marco Castillo
<mabcastillo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Dear ND, this is an ip routing problem basically. Of course you
>must have
>the client-to-client option on in the server, but the rest is just
>an ip
>routing issue.
>Remember to create a route for site 2 to site 3 and a route from
>site 3 to
>site 2, and that will be all.
>
>Hope this helps, and your configuration works!!
>
>Regards
>
>Marco
>
>On 8/23/07, nobledark@xxxxxxxxxxxx <nobledark@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> Thanks for all the help so far - it's been great to have a
>> receptive and helpful user group.
>>
>> New question, say I have sites 1, 2, and 3 - site 1 is where the
>> "server" installation of OpenVPN is located. Site 2 and 3 have
>> OpenVPN boxes configured as "clients" that are acting as gateway
>> systems for the LAN behind them. The client sites can access
>> resources at the server site and vice-versa.
>>
>> Now, I have an application at site 3 that the users at site 2
>need
>> to access. While I probably should move this app to site 1, it's
>> not feasible at this time (politics) so I need to be able to
>> provide access to the app for users at site 2. I've seen the
>> "client to client" option in the server config - is this all I
>need
>> to do or will I need to do more ccd/route pushing/etc?
>>
>> If someone can point me at some docs for this or if you have any
>> examples, experiences, etc, I'd appreciate your insight.
>>

>> Thanks again..
>>
>> -Nd
>>
>> --
>> Click here to become a professional counselor in less time than
>you think.
>>

>http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4fPKBSiISk60y9m3uIfuzXst8pvpFH
>IJcdtY1J1HZCzY2Ywp/

Click to compare psych/counseling degrees in a free directory of programs.
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4fPKBtqRwQhbfnBNgwwjP6Po1twNdvxiRq5bWRDb02N32nSB/