Re: [Openvpn-users] Openvpn 2.1?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Openvpn 2.1?
  • From: Florin Andrei <florin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 17:34:32 -0700

Maximilian Wilhelm wrote:
> I've seen, that OpenVPN 2.1 includes a feature which looks similar to
> the 'net-type' Patches Neil Brown posted some years ago (which work
> very well at my setup :)).
> So my question is, how stable the current state of OpenVPN 2.1 could
> be seen as. I would like to put it in soon-to-be-productive
> environment, after some tests of the 'topology subnet' thing.
> Do you think that this would be a good idea?

Fedora 7 was released with OpenVPN 2.1 rc4 by default.
Ubuntu 7.04 comes with OpenVPN 2.0.9 and I thought it's too conservative.

I'm using 2.1 in a Tun configuration, with "topology subnet", for a
small network of CentOS (Red Hat clone), Fedora, Ubuntu and Vista
machines, some are 32 bit, some are 64. All of them run 2.1 rc4. The
clients are either remotely connected via the Internet, or local via
wireless. Some tunnels are intermittent (laptop users), some other
tunnels are permanent.

Works fine so far. YMMV

Florin Andrei
OpenVPN mailing lists