Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN and ISA proxy

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN and ISA proxy
  • From: Julien Kauffmann <julienkauffmann@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:14:18 +0200

Prasanna Krishnamoorthy a écrit :
> On 8/23/07, Julien Kauffmann <julienkauffmann@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Does OpenVPN support ISA ? And if it does, what settings should I change ?
> Squid proxies only port 80. ISA block all ports. With default OpenVPN
> settings, you'll need to allow outgoing port 1194 UDP on the ISA
> firewall.
> Prasanna.

Thanks for your fast answer.

Unfortunately I have no control over the ISA proxy. All I have, is a
computer with local admin. privileges and the ability to configure
OpenVPN client (on Windows).

OpenVPN provides parameters to connect trough proxies, but I can't find
working settings for a LAN behind an ISA proxy. I think it has something
to do with the authentication method used by ISA. On the logs, OpenVPN
says something about a "digest" authentication method but I don't really
understand what it means. (I have no access to the log files at this
time, that's why I do not post them)

Julien Kauffmann.

Openvpn-users mailing list