Re: [Openvpn-users] Openvpn 2.1?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Openvpn 2.1?
  • From: "Emre Erenoglu" <erenoglu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 14:39:06 +0200

Henry Nestler from colinux and myself have worked on the compatibility of the Tap-win32 driver during the beta stages of Vista. The outcome was a working driver for Vista x86. I think it was already integrated in 2.1 rc's. nevertheless, here's the address to download it for people having problem:
Note that it's been a while that I don't have Windows on my home desktop (and xp at work), so hope this is the correct file...  :)
Best regards,

On 8/23/07, Andrew Richardson <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Maximilian Wilhelm wrote:
> I've seen, that OpenVPN 2.1 includes a feature which looks similar to
> the 'net-type' Patches Neil Brown posted some years ago (which work
> very well at my setup :)).
> So my question is, how stable the current state of OpenVPN 2.1 could
> be seen as. I would like to put it in soon-to-be-productive
> environment, after some tests of the 'topology subnet' thing.
> Do you think that this would be a good idea?
> Ciao
> Max

If I recall correctly, the hold-up deploying version 2.1 is Vista
compatibility with the TAP driver. I've been running 2.1 RC4 on several
machines, all Windows XP, with no problems. I'd expect the same under Linux.

Still grepping through log files to find problems?  Stop.
Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>   http://get.splunk.com/
Openvpn-users mailing list

Emre Erenoglu