Re: [Openvpn-users] restore tunnel after switching over network interfaces

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] restore tunnel after switching over network interfaces
  • From: Pierre Berthier <pierre.berthier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 17:05:20 +0200

Klaus Thielking-Riechert wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 02:18:32PM +0200, Pierre Berthier wrote:
>> I have given those permissions to the tun device (see below).  Should
>> it not be possible for nobody to open a new tun interface?  I have
>> created this tun file with mknod inside /etc/openvpn/dev/net (the
>> chroot jail is /etc/openvpn).
> Regarding your chroot: do you have access to an ifconfig inside of your
> jail?

Yes I have created a /etc/openvpn/sbin and /etc/openvpn/bin.  I copied
busybox there and made a link named ifconfig.  Previously I tried to
copy the system's ifconfig in sbin and the libraries it was linked
against (as given by ldd) into /etc/openvpn/lib.

Pierre Berthier
IT support 55.G.70
Institute of Neuroinformatics, UNI - ETH Zurich
Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Tel: +41 (0)44 63 530 17

Openvpn-users mailing list