[Openvpn-users] class b (rfc 1918) internal subnet designs (routing) suggestions

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] class b (rfc 1918) internal subnet designs (routing) suggestions
  • From: "SheridanJ West" <sheridanj.west@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:31:59 +0100

We have a test openvpn system working ok but we have internal routing
difficulties inside for things like printing etc and internal routing
of smb etc the inside lan design is rather old.

So can anybody please point me towards a revised rfc1918
range of subnets (or tools) that route well with an new lan design and
support a vpn subnet that fits 'best practice' as ours plainy does not
do that

Its a linux setup and the the b range addresses in use it seems need a redesign

Please excuse the question as the documents seem only to do the 10.
range  which is over large for our 'simple needs'

currently we use 172.16.0.[1-255] range
the test vpn subnet  is on 172.17.0. bit
OpenVPN mailing lists