[Openvpn-users] Duplicate entries in ipp.txt

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Duplicate entries in ipp.txt
  • From: Christopher Nolan <cnolan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 15:40:28 -0700

Hey OpenVPN Users,

We are experiencing a strange problem with our openvpn configuration.  We
noticed a particular host would occasionally change its openvpn assigned IP
address.  After looking at ipp.txt we discovered that there were 2 entries
for the host with different IP addresses.  Further investigation discovered
that nearly 1/3 of our devices have duplicate entries.  Spot checks indicate
that these devices primarily use the IP address of the first entry in
ipp.txt but occasionally use the second IP address.

Has anyone else seen this?  Can we safely delete the second entry?  Will it
come back?  What is causing it?

Openvpn-users mailing list