Re: [Openvpn-users] openvpn tap network limits

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] openvpn tap network limits
  • From: "Marco Castillo" <mabcastillo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 16:39:03 -0600

Dear Jason:
  I think I can give you some answers to your second concern. We have deployed a 50 nodes site-to-site configuration with OpenVPN. The OpenVPN server is a pentium 4 with dual core 2.4 Ghz with 2 GB of RAM running RHEL4. I have this configuration running for about 6 months now, the traffic is somehow heavy, the VPN tunnels are used at every hour, downloading files, using VNC for remote management, etc. At this time I had never seen that the OpenVPN process passes the 5% use of CPU. The machine stays with the CPU load at 5% - 10%, and with plenty of RAM. The server is just used for OpenVPN.
With the configuration you mentioned, I don't think you're going to have any issues.
Hope this helps