[Openvpn-users] Tap adapter (driver tap0901) install on Windows 2000 issues

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Tap adapter (driver tap0901) install on Windows 2000 issues
  • From: Julien Kauffmann <julienkauffmann@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:16:55 +0200

I'm new to this mailing-list (and to mailing-list in general) and I hope
I do everything fine.

I recently tried to install the latest OpenVPN beta version (OpenVPN
2.1_rc4) on several Windows 2000 machines (using the administrator
account)  but the it seems Windows cannot start the device (it says
"code 10"). I tried to reboot, without success.

The version of the tap adapter i'm trying to install is the tap0901. The
previous version of the tap adapter (tap0801) totally works.

I've been looking on the mailing-list and even on Google for someone
that experienced the same behaviour but again : without success.

I really need the ability to open the tap device as a non-administrator
provided by the last driver. Am I trying to do something impossible ?

OpenVPN mailing lists