Re: [Openvpn-users] Push DHCP option on Linux

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Push DHCP option on Linux
  • From: Erich Titl <erich.titl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 14:34:40 +0000

Peter Njiiri wrote:
> Hi,
> I've a Windows XP machine which takes up the "push dhcp-options" fine
> but my linux cannot. I've seen replies regarding this related issue on
> /_http://openvpn.net/archive/openvpn-users/2006-06/msg00114.html_/ but I
> don't know how to run the script or tweak the dhclient??Is there a
> package I can install or a script that can run that enables this option
> when I run the openvpn client??Please help!

from the RTFM

The OpenVPN server can push DHCP options such as DNS and WINS server
addresses to clients (some caveats to be aware of). Windows clients can
accept pushed DHCP options natively, while non-Windows clients can
accept them by using a client-side up script which parses the
foreign_option_n environmental variable list. See the man page or
openvpn-users mailing list archive for non-Windows foreign_option_n
documentation and script examples.

Openvpn-users mailing list