Re: [Openvpn-users] config check

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] config check
  • From: "Jose Manuel" <correojose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 08:36:27 +0200

Yes. you see the private ip address, if the ip tables , of client, is correctly configured.

2007/8/14, nobledark@xxxxxxxxxxxx <nobledark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
When accessing resources via a routed OpenVPN tunnel where the
accessing computer is not the vpn client but is behind a vpn server
acting as a client, should you see the private IP addresses when
sniffing the network on either end? Say that I'm accessing a server
from my workstation over my router (client) to router (server) vpn
tunnel via Terminal Services and I'm running Ethereal on the
server, should I be seeing the 192.168.x.x IP of the workstation in
the sniff?

Thanks....

--
Thinking of becoming a counselor?  Click here to compare tuition rates.
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4fPKEpqeoGiCVLmKxlAExKcrjMGKmMTRBZnHdcmqtGzybduZ/