[Openvpn-users] Strange problem...

Title: Strange problem...
Hello.

I have been using OpenVPN for about a year now.  I have a server and about 10 clients that regularly use it.  Works like a champ.  Or it did until last week.

I installed a new machine, running Ubuntu 6.06.1LTS that just refuses to work.  It connects to the VPN without reporting any errors — on both client and server end — but nothing actually works.  I am fairly certain that I don’t have any firewalls blocking me, but I’m no expert.  Here is my output when I try to ping across the VPN from the client:

root:~# ping 10.8.0.1
ping: sendmsg: Operation not permitted
ping: sendmsg: Operation not permitted

My VPN continues to work just fine with several other machines.  The client.conf file was copied directly from another working machine; I only changed the lines for the keys.

Anyway, I’m totally at a loss.  Is there any way to tell if iptables is somehow blocking me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!