Re: [Openvpn-users] GUI on Windows XP

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] GUI on Windows XP
  • From: "Dave" <dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:54:19 -0500

> So my question is, where are these settings being stored so I
> can change them?
>
> For example, instead of the GUI app looking for "C:\Program
> FIles\OpenVPN\config" It's looking for "C:\Program
> FIles\OpenVPN\config\config" and the openvpn.exe at
> "C:\Program FIles\OpenVPN\config\bin"

That's weird.  Well, barring specifying on the command line, my dir
structure looks roughly like:

...OpenVPN\bin
             openvpn.exe
             openvpn-gui-1.0.3.exe
          \config
             stuff.ovpn

And things worked.  I don't think the gui gets anything interesting from the
registry, and I think that barring command line overrides, that it
synthesizes the directory locations relative to either it's executable's
location or the current working directory.

-Dave

Ps hope alls well in Houston, I lived there several years.