Re: [Openvpn-users] GUI on Windows XP

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] GUI on Windows XP
  • From: "Jeff -" <unix_core@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 17:08:05 -0700

> I have seen this when the gui app cannot find any .ovpn configuration files.
> The app dynamically builds the menu by whizzing through the config directory
> (and children) looking for those files.
>
> You may check that there is a config dir, that there are .ovpn files in it,
> that this dir is listable aby the openvpngui process (like permissions?),
> and maybe even check that the openvpngui is given the appropriage --config
> command line option, if it is being used (which explicitly sets this config
> location).
>
> -Dave

The problem was in fact that the config file could not be located.  However, somehow the expected directory got messed up.

I uninstalled OpenVPN and GUI, and removed the entire "C:\Program FIles\OpenVPN"

When I install OpenVPN again, it creates the correct directory structure.  However when I try to run the GUI it expects a different structure.

So my question is, where are these settings being stored so I can change them?

For example, instead of the GUI app looking for "C:\Program FIles\OpenVPN\config"
It's looking for "C:\Program FIles\OpenVPN\config\config"
and the openvpn.exe at "C:\Program FIles\OpenVPN\config\bin"

=
Real Estate Agent
Make sure your Houston Real Estate Agent is a NUMBER1EXPERT..
http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=09caed7b30e1b71302f906edf5d564f9