Re: [Openvpn-users] GUI on Windows XP

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] GUI on Windows XP
  • From: "Dave" <dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 18:21:39 -0500

> I have installed OpenVPN 2.1 rc4 (including GUI) on quite a
> few Windows XP computers without problems.  However, one of
> them is behaving differently.
> When I right click on the bottom right icon, I only see 3
> options.  The bottom 3.  I do not see the Edit, Connect, etc.
> I have reinstalled the package 3 times and still no luck.
> Anyone else experience this?  Anyone know why the gui is not working??

I have seen this when the gui app cannot find any .ovpn configuration files.
The app dynamically builds the menu by whizzing through the config directory
(and children) looking for those files.

You may check that there is a config dir, that there are .ovpn files in it,
that this dir is listable aby the openvpngui process (like permissions?),
and maybe even check that the openvpngui is given the appropriage --config
command line option, if it is being used (which explicitly sets this config

Openvpn-users mailing list