[Openvpn-users] TLS Netotiation fails.

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] TLS Netotiation fails.
  • From: "John Chatelle" <johnch@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 09:06:20 -0400

All;

 I would like to run a script when I get the following error
in the log:

------------< snip < -----------------

Aug  8 08:01:15 server823 openvpn[720]: TLS Error: TLS key negotiation
failed to
occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
Aug  8 08:01:15 server823 openvpn[720]: TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

-------------< snip < ------------------

  Is it possible to have this condition trigger a script?

    I'm using tunneling (tun0), and for those remote client networks that
don't handle the connectionless (UDP) carrier well, have to ping out to
maintain the network link to our Openvpn server.  I'd like to pin down the
reasons why TLS key negotiation occasionally fails, and handle each cause
differently.   We have a wide variety of ISPs and network connections we
need to deal with, and I'd like to have a solution I could make universal,
across our 350 clients.

   Is there a way I can cause the TLS key negotiation error trigger a script?

   Thanks!

This message and any attachments may contain information that is protected by law as privileged and confidential, and is transmitted for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail.

dangerous content by MailScanner and F-Prot AV.