Re: [Openvpn-users] Cant get it running...

Title: [Openvpn-users] Cant get it running...
Does ping also work in the opposite direction (VNC server -> XP machine) ?
Does VNC on the same machine work if accessed from the the LAN (that is any PC on the 192.168.10.x net)

From: openvpn-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Stefan Lamby
Sent: Fri 03-Aug-07 13:08
To: openvpn-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Openvpn-users] Cant get it running...

Hello list.

Finally I try to get help here from the more experienced users of openvpn.

My configuration is as follows:
Openvpn server running on a linux box (SuSE 9.1), which serves as a
router for the network behind it also, with config file like:

port 1194
proto udp
dev tun

ca   /etc/openvpn/keys/ca.crt
cert /etc/openvpn/keys/server.crt
key  /etc/openvpn/keys/server.key  # This file should be kept secret

dh /etc/openvpn/keys/dh1024.pem

ifconfig-pool-persist ipp.txt

push "route"

client-config-dir /etc/openvpn/clientconfigdirectory

keepalive 10 120

max-clients 1

user nobody
group nobody

status openvpn-status.log

log         /var/log/openvpn.log

verb 6

The client machine is a WinXP computer (, which, if connected
to the server, is able to ping both the openvpn server (
and the client I want to go which is at My intention is to
get direct access to the remote machine ( via VNC. A
VNC-server is installed at but even I am able to ping the
machine, the VNC-server comes up with "Failed to connect to server" if
trying to connect from the WinXP openvpn-client ( The same
happens, if I disable the firewall for the linux box and the machine
(WinXP, I want to get through.

Does anybody have an advice?

Still grepping through log files to find problems?  Stop.
Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>  http://get.splunk.com/
Openvpn-users mailing list