[Openvpn-users] Interference from a router that can run its own VPN

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Interference from a router that can run its own VPN
  • From: David Mills <djmills@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 12:20:25 +0900

Hi,

I have a Planex router that can run its own VPN.  I would prefer to use
OpenVPN.  But it seems to treat port 1194 as its own and won't correctly set
up pass through to the local server (I have set up pass through for ssh and
other ports and all works fine).

Can I simply use a different port for the VPN and change the server and all
clients to use this alternate port?

Is there a port or range of ports that I should use?

Thanks,