[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN, TAP, and VMware

Hello,

I have a user who is running OpenVPN in a Windows 2000 Professional VMware virtual machine. He cannot get the TAP adapter to work and has tried reinstalling the TAP adapter and OpenVPN, but neither fixed his problem. My question is this: will OpenVPN work inside a VMware Windows 2000 Professional virtual machine? Does my user need to upgrade his version of VMware or enable a setting in VMware so that the TAP adapter will function properly?

Thanks!