[Openvpn-users] Obtain certificate serial number of an active client in Logfiles

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Obtain certificate serial number of an active client in Logfiles
  • From: Patrick Cervicek <patrick.openvpn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 16:33:47 +0200

I am using for each client different certificates. Some of them are
using the same CN, which are allowed with "duplicate-cn"

In the Logfile I can only see the DN but not the serialnumber.
e.g:

> VERIFY OK: depth=0, emailAddress=pace/C=DE/ST=BW/L=Esslingen/O=Esslingen/OU=RZ/CN=OpenVPN2

Is there a way to find out the serial number?
This would be important to revoke the correct certificate!

Patrick