[Openvpn-users] Ip adress of openvpn server

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Ip adress of openvpn server
  • From: Andreas Krüger <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 12:26:59 +0200

I’ve noticed that OpenVPN automatically binds itself to *.*.*.1 when it starts. Etc when i run a network, it binds itself to

Now, here is my problem. I’m running such a mentioned network at my office. Though the problem is: is used for the gateway, so the vpn server must not use that ip, but instead etc, but how do I make the server bind to that ip address?

Further, will OpenVPN check if a ip address is in use before handing it out to clients. Because when I runs a network, there could be some conflicts between the gateways dhcp server which handles ip addresses, and OpenVPNs dhcp server. Is it possible in OpenVPN to make a network range to be used for dhcp?

Best regards,

Andreas Kruger