Re: [Openvpn-users] Client can no longer authenticate?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Client can no longer authenticate?
  • From: "Jake Conk" <jake.conk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 21:24:43 -0700

Here is the log output from my computer and another client computer.

- First my computer was connected fine to the vpn. The client wasn't able to connect so I saved his output and its attached as client_failed_output.txt.
- I disconnected and a few moments later the client was able to connect and I attached the contents of that to client_connected_output.txt.
- Next I tried reconnecting to the vpn while the client was connected but the vpn now didn't let me connect so I recorded that out to my_failed_output.txt

It seems like the server is only allowing 1 connection at a time but I have the max-clients setting set to 5. Another weird observation is after I disconnect from the openvpn server I notice it is still sending me udp packets by read the /var/log/messages in the sever. Basically I see it repeating this output forever, mycon1/ UDPv4 WRITE [101] to P_DATA_V1 kid=0 DATA len=100. Actually I just noticed after a few minutes I stop receiving those messages on my client tcpdump and the servers /var/log/messages but I thought that was interesting.

Anyways, let me know what you think why connecting 2 clients at a time is being problematic.

- Jake

On 7/26/07, Erich Titl <erich.titl@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jake Conk wrote:
> By different certificates which file are you referring to? They both
> have the same ca.crt but they have their own $client.crt and $client.key
> which are yes unique if thats what you mean.

Yep, what does the log say?