Re: [Openvpn-users] Communication Problem

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Communication Problem
  • From: Josh Cepek <josh.cepek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 21:03:22 -0500
  • Z-usanet-msgid: XID611LgXcDd0014X39

Jake Solid wrote:
I'm in the process of evaluating OpenVPN and I have encounter an obstacle. The client computer ( is able to to connect to the server and initilizes the connection without any problems. The computer can get replies from and also from but is not but is not able to get reply from other computers at network

Do  I need to enable a route or something in the openvpn config file in order to have completely communicate with the network at ??

To route between 2 subnets with OpenVPN in tun (routed) mode, the default gateways at each site need routes to the other subnet to be sent through the local VPN peer.  If one of the VPN peers is also the site's default gateway that requirement should already be met for that side.  You may have forgotten to include the return route at the network in your setup.