Re: [Openvpn-users] MULTI: bad source address from client [], packet dropped

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] MULTI: bad source address from client [], packet dropped
  • From: Erich Titl <erich.titl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 08:31:59 +0000

Peter Njiiri wrote:
> Hi Erich
> Well hidden problem indeed on the tun interface, the VPN works with or
> without the redirect-gateway it's only that the error shows up on the
> server and I assume that my connection could be slower because of this
> error as opposed to if it didn't come up.  I tried ethernet bridging
> (tap 0) from my Linux machine and it worked, that is the errors didn't
> come up.

If you read James comments on this, you saw that this is merely a
warning and is handeled differently on a bridged set up

 I think it didn't work on my Windows machine as the
> openVPN installation didn't create a TAP interface,I cannot see it on
> Network Neighbourhood (maybe because I'm connecting via USB to my ADSL
> cable modem and not using the ethernet network card or it's just Windows
> XP Home Edition problem???)

Network Neighborhood as used by M$ is not a generic networking term. Be
aware that this is a M$ feature which is (mostly) restricted to single
LAN segments.

OpenVPN mailing lists