Re: [Openvpn-users] ifconfig-pool-persist question

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] ifconfig-pool-persist question
  • From: "Dave" <dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 09:21:32 -0500

> I am a little unclear on how the ifconfig-pool-persist
> (ipp.txt) feature works.  Is this a file I can create to
> define a mapping of clients to IP addresses assigned to them
> by the OpenVPN server?  If so, is the syntax of this file documented?

It's automatically populated as addresses are handed out, and then used when
clients re-connect to get the same ip address.

I don't see explicit documentation, but looking at mine, it appears to be a
text file, two fields comma-separated with the first being the common name
of the cert, and the second being the ip address.  For example heres an
excerpt from mine:

ppc6700,192.168.173.161
ipaq4700,192.168.173.162
ipaq4150,192.168.173.163
x30,192.168.173.164
plexus,192.168.173.165
PortableApps001,192.168.173.166

So I guess you could indeed pre-populate it if needed.

-Dave