[Openvpn-users] How To Question: Site to Site VPN

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] How To Question: Site to Site VPN
  • From: jbrave <onephatcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:26:32 -0700

We are moving to a new office, and need to create a site to site VPN
during the transition so that the two LAN's will be securely connected.

What docs would you recommend I read, and what examples should I look at
for setting up a site-to-site VPN using two servers. The computers on
both LAN will need to be on the same subnet if possible.  Both will be
running Shorewall and OpenVpn on SUSE 10.2 Linux (we are already
sucessfully running OpenVPN for telecommuting clients and Shorewall at
the main office).

Would setting up a windows or mac client machine with internet
connection sharing that connects over the T1 to the main office via
OpenVPN be a simple solution to the problem?

OpenVPN mailing lists