Re: [Openvpn-users] newbie 's quesion

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] newbie 's quesion
  • From: "Marco Castillo" <mabcastillo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:26:59 -0600

Dear Lizhe:
I will share with you my own experience with OpenVPN. Really OpenVPN is a fine piece of software. I have deployed it to create a site-to-site network for about 40 peers at this moment. The network will grow to 70 sites in the next months.
For each site I have a 512 up/256 down kbps ADSL connection to the internet.
I have installed OpenVPN with most of its defaults, I hadn't change any encryptions settings, I'm using lzo for compression over the channels. I have made some file transfers test, and we had a 1.2 MBytes /minute transfer rate, or a 20KBytes/s aproximately. This is aproximately the 60% of capacity of the channel. I think this is worth considering the cost of the ADSL Internet lines!!!

Hope this helps