[Openvpn-users] Bad packet ID

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Bad packet ID
  • From: "Jeremy DeGroot" <jeremy.degroot@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 17:11:45 -0400

I'm setting up OpenVPN at my work, and one of the clients that I'm
trying to get onto the VPN gets this in its error log over and over,
followed by a restart or kick (not quite sure which) commensurate with
the ping-restart time.

Thu Jul 19 16:44:54 2007 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet
ID (may be a replay): [ #706247667 ] -- see the man page entry for
--no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning
with --mute-replay-warnings

It's that exact message, down to the packet ID, every time, across
several restarts.  There's nothing odd on the server log.  LZO
compression is not turned on in the config for either the server or
the client.

If anyone can shed some light on what's happening, I'd be eternally
grateful.  Both the client and the server run OpenSUSE 10.2, if it's
of any consequence.