Re: [Openvpn-users] MULTI: bad source address from client [217.164.246.54], packet dropped

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] MULTI: bad source address from client [217.164.246.54], packet dropped
  • From: "Peter Njiiri" <pnjiiri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:16:57 +0400

Erich,

Ok, how can I find out if the packet doesn't have the source address and is it possible to troubleshoot it?

Kind regards

Peter

Peter Njiiri wrote:

> Hi Erich,
>
> Thanks for the feedback. Normally the iroute/-client-config-dir is used
> for client machine which is being used as a gateway.

Indeed, following the information given by James Yonan I would try to
find what makes OpenVPN choke. If I read his message correctly then it
must be a packet in the tunnel interface which does not have a source
address of 10.8.0.n, so if this is really the case it should be rather
easy to find.

However my machines
> are just road warriors connecting the the VPN without needing to
> advertise the network they are on. When adding the iroute and routes, it
> seems I've to add the network instead of the hosts?Is there a way in
> which no matter from which location/IP I connect from these errors don't
> come up??If not, then can I just add the host IP instead of the network
> in the iroute or route definitions???

It is weird that a roadwarrior is running into this situation. I have a
number of road warriors in quite heterogeneous environments and I have
never seen this error myself.

cheers

Erich