Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN with FreeRadius authentication notworking

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN with FreeRadius authentication notworking
  • From: "Sunil S" <sunils@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:22:56 +0530

Try /etc/pam.d/openvpn with just the following :
#------------------------------------------------
auth       required     pam_radius_auth.so
account  required     pam_permit.so
session   required     pam_permit.so
#------------------------------------------------

Regs

Sunil

>>> "Vahur Saaremets" <vahur.saaremets@xxxxxxxxx> 07/19/07 12:17 AM >>>
> >  -----------------------------------------------------
> > # /etc/pam.d/openvpn
> >  #%PAM-1.0
> > auth            required
> > /lib/security/pam_radius_auth.so
> >  -----------------------------------------------------
>
> that's not the entire file, correct?

# PAM configuration for the OpenVPN service
#
auth       required     pam_radius_auth.so

# Read environment variables from /etc/environment and
# /etc/security/pam_env.conf.
auth       required     pam_env.so # [1]

# Standard Un*x authorization.
@include common-account

# Standard Un*x session setup and teardown.
@include common-session

# Standard Un*x password updating.
@include common-password
The entire file looks like that.
Any recommendations are very much welcome.

> # /etc/raddb/server
> >  127.0.0.1:1812  password
>
> shouldn't there be a time-out after the password?  not sure if that
> would cause the error.

I believe the timeout field is optional with the default value of 3 seconds,
but I guess I could try setting one myself if you think that would make any
difference.

wahur