[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN Performance - help

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN Performance - help
  • From: "Jeff -" <unix_core@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:35:27 -0700

I built a gateway server on Debian and installed OpenVPN.  I can connect to it fine.

The problem is that remote users are complaining the connection to the network behind it is unreliable and slow.  I have personally had good luck connecting but
sometimes things scream to a halt for no reason.

The entire network behind the gateway is windows based.  Mainly people just access files off a Windows Share.

Is there a way for me to confirm OpenVPN's connection and if it's dropped?  What must "verb" be set to and what should I look for in the logs?  Should I look in the server
or client log?

I'm not expecting a super fast connection, but what are the bandwidth requirements for OpenVPN?  Lets say for example a user has a Word document open on a Windows
Share and is working on it.  What are the requirements for 3 people to be connected at once?  The internet connection is ADSL  (3.0 Mbps downstream; 1.0 Mbps
upstream).

I've been fighting this problem for a long time.  I'm desparate for help.   Thanks.

=
People Ready Business
Your people are your best advantage Do they have the right tools?
http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=199ea759185a56d78cadbd31f22a73eb