Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN with FreeRadius authentication not working

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN with FreeRadius authentication not working
  • From: "Vahur Saaremets" <vahur.saaremets@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 21:47:37 +0300

>  -----------------------------------------------------
> # /etc/pam.d/openvpn
>  #%PAM-1.0
> auth            required
> /lib/security/pam_radius_auth.so
>  -----------------------------------------------------

that's not the entire file, correct?
# PAM configuration for the OpenVPN service
auth       required     pam_radius_auth.so

# Read environment variables from /etc/environment and
# /etc/security/pam_env.conf.
auth       required     pam_env.so # [1]

# Standard Un*x authorization.
@include common-account

# Standard Un*x session setup and teardown.
@include common-session

# Standard Un*x password updating.
@include common-password
The entire file looks like that.
Any recommendations are very much welcome.

> # /etc/raddb/server
>  password

shouldn't there be a time-out after the password?  not sure if that
would cause the error.

I believe the timeout field is optional with the default value of 3 seconds,
but I guess I could try setting one myself if you think that would make any difference.