Re: [Openvpn-users] TAP-Win32 problem, I think

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] TAP-Win32 problem, I think
  • From: cjackson <cjackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:57:03 -0500

cjackson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Only one of our users is having this problem. She can connect to the
> openvpn with no problem and get an IP address, but when she tries to
> ping an IP on the network or map a drive, the tap interface tries to get
> an IP address and never gets one. After a while the Openvpn GUI turns
> yellow. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Openvpn-GUI twice. We
> have three Openvpn servers that are working for all other users except
> this one user. It was working just about a week ago.
>
> OpenVPN 2.0.9 i486-pc-linux-gnu [SSL] [LZO] [EPOLL] built on Oct 10 2006
> Openvpn-GUI v1 rc4
> Workstation is XP SP2 on an IBM T40 with Winmagic full disk encryption
> User is administrator of the workstation with a windows domain account.
>
> Thanks.
> Craig

The client config:

client
dev tap
proto udp
remote 70.158.52.98 1194
persist-tun
persist-key
nobind
keepalive 10 180
float
pull
mute-replay-warnings
ca "C:\\Program Files\\OpenVPN\\config\\server.crt"
cert "C:\\Program Files\\OpenVPN\\config\\IBM.crt"
key "C:\\Program Files\\OpenVPN\\config\\IBM.key"
tls-remote COUGAR
tls-client
tls-auth "C:\\Program Files\\OpenVPN\\config\\tls.key" 1
comp-lzo
verb 4
mute 20
.