[Openvpn-users] Some help needed using client files

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Some help needed using client files
  • From: "Rijke, Paul" <prijke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 22:25:29 +0200

Hi there,

Got my OpenVPN config running, but want to make some distinguisment between types of users. So I am experimenting with the ccd dir.

Here's my server config:

port 1194
proto udp
dev tun0
ca /etc/openvpn/keys/ca.crt
cert /etc/openvpn/keys/server.crt
key /etc/openvpn/keys/server.key
dh /etc/openvpn/keys/dh1024.pem
server 10.0.1.0 255.255.255.0
route 10.0.2.0 255.255.255.0
route 10.0.3.0 255.255.255.0
user nobody
group nobody
status openvpn-status.log
log-append openvpn.log
verb 4
max-clients 100
keepalive 10 120
client-config-dir ccd
client-to-client
persist-key
persist-tun

I've created a file in /etc/openvpn/ccd named paul containing:
ifconfig-push 10.0.2.1 10.0.2.2

Of cource i've created the keys with de CN=paul on windows. Here's my client config
client
dev tun
dev-node Tap01
proto udp
remote 1.2.3.4 1194
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
ca ca.crt
cert paul.crt
key paul.key
verb 3

When I start my client I get a ip in the range 10.0.1.x instead the fixed 1.0.2.1

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? All help will be appreciated very much!