[Openvpn-users] ip routing profile

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] ip routing profile
  • From: "Thor Selnes" <thor918@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 12:33:40 +0200

Hi. I have Openvpn + openvpngui, operating to route all internet traffic
trough the tunnel.
The internetline I'm using to start the tunnel on is an unsecure
wireless connection, and that makes it very important that no traffic
goes over unless it's using the tunnel!

My setup is working OK, but in some Scenarios it can be unsecure:
1. windows is starting up, the tunnel is not up, and an application is
autoconnecting with username and password
   (this happened once now when i updated an application, that wheren't
suppose to autostart)
2. the internett connection har reconnected, and that causes the user to
have to reconnect the tunnel,
   While the recconection of the tunnel is happening, the redirect
routes are taken down for one secound or so, making it
   possible for programs with preentered authentication to start sending
unencrypted stuff on the unsecure line

what would be ideal for me, is if one could have a routing profile, that
could be maunally switched with a menu/button...
OpenVPN mailing lists