Re: [Openvpn-users] Does mDNS (Mac OS X Bonjour) currently work in a bridged OpenVPN configuration?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Does mDNS (Mac OS X Bonjour) currently work in a bridged OpenVPN configuration?
  • From: Angelo Laub <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:56:16 -0700

Hi Michael,

>      As of now, assuming that the Mac OS X machines are running
> Tiger with all the latest Apple security releases applied, and
> assuming I use the current version of OpenVPN and the current
> release of Tunnelblick, will Bonjour work on an OpenVPN bridge?
>
>     Has anybody actually done this?

I have and it should work out of the box when you're using the
bridging setup together with the latest (experimental) tiger version
of the tun/tap driver (http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~nissler/tuntap/).

Also, when you're using Tunnelblick (http://tunnelblick.net/) as a
client, it should automatically work, since it comes with that latest
driver.

Angelo