Re: [Openvpn-users] HTTP over openvpn latency

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] HTTP over openvpn latency
  • From: "Dave Swegen" <dswegen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:13:03 +0100

On 7/10/07, Alexandros Papadopoulos <apap@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 10 July 2007 11:28, Dave Swegen wrote:
> I've run into a somewhat strange issue with the speed of HTTP traffic over
> an openvpn link between my laptop and the gateway running openvpn +
> tinyproxy.

WIFI link? Could this be an MTU issue? Can you check the network statistics
(retransmits etc) of your access point when using OpenVPN?

I should perhaps have mentioned I have also seen this over a wired link (albeit  via an HTTP proxy). I'll retry it on a normal wired link to see what happens.

Check out http://openvpn.net/faq.html (search for mssfix)

Thanks for the pointer.