[Openvpn-users] Disable other network interfaces then openvpn uses

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Disable other network interfaces then openvpn uses
  • From: Josef Vavra <jv@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:57:17 +0200

Hi,

is there a way to shutdown all network interfaces but the one openvpn uses?
Notebooks of our users use a special GSM device to connect to an openvpn
server and as soon as openvpn is connected all other network interfaces
on the windows system become not only needless but rather a security risk.

I can write an up script with 'netsh' command that disables listed
network interfaces (and down-script that enables them after openvpn/GSM
is disconnected), but my problem is I dont know the list of the interfaces
beforehand. Do you guys anybody have a script that "disables all OTHER
network interfaces then ovpn uses"? Or does anybody know a neater way
to do it?