[Openvpn-users] Visual Studio project build files for OpenVPN

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Visual Studio project build files for OpenVPN
  • From: Cory Albrecht <openvpn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 16:36:19 -0400

Are there any build/project files for OpenVPN for Visual Studio?

Googling didn't turn up any. I'd like to try altering the TAP driver
code so I can have it be a 1 gigabit virtual adaptor instead of a 10
megabit one, but since I already have VS2k5 really want to install Ming
for just this.

BTW, why was it made to only be 10Mb/s instead of a higher bitrate?
TapAdapterQuery.m_Long is a ULONG value, so it could handle the 1 000
000 000 / 100 value needed for a gigabit link. Is this a limitation of
virtual adaptors with the Windows Driver Kit?

I noticed one day, when I forgot to disable OpenVPN on my laptop when I
got home, that I was only getting the expected speeds of being on a 10
megabit wireline ethernet link rather than on a 54 megabit wifi link.
Since I'm VPNing to home that 10 megabit rate is obviously faster than
my DSL so I never noticed, but at home I certainly *did* notice an 80%
drop in my link speed!

So if anybody could point me to some VS project files for OpenVPN, I'd
appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Openvpn-users mailing list