Re: [Openvpn-users] ifconfig-push doesn't give me what I expect

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] ifconfig-push doesn't give me what I expect
  • From: Erich Titl <erich.titl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 22:16:19 +0200

Alain

I guess you are expecting the wrong values.

Alain Williams schrieb:

> On the server I have:
>
> /etc/openvpn/Clients/remoteMachine.example.com:
>
> 	ifconfig-push 10.200.200.7 10.200.200.0

This is not the way it is set down in the docs.

from the manual

--ifconfig-push local remote-netmask
    Push virtual IP endpoints for client tunnel, overriding the
--ifconfig-pool dynamic allocation.

    The parameters local and remote-netmask are set according to the
--ifconfig directive which you want to execute on the client machine to
configure the remote end of the tunnel. Note that the parameters local
and remote-netmask are from the perspective of the client, not the
server. They may be DNS names rather than IP addresses, in which case
they will be resolved on the server at the time of client connection.

the name remote-netmask for the second parameter may be a bit misleading.

and on the HowTo you find an example

ccd/sysadmin1

    ifconfig-push 10.8.1.1 10.8.1.2

which gives the client address 10.8.1.1 and the server end
of the tunnel 10.8.1.2

cheers