[Openvpn-users] Client-local PKCS#10 CSR generation

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Client-local PKCS#10 CSR generation
  • From: "Etienne V. Depasquale" <evdepa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 11:51:34 +0200

Good day,

I’m new to OpenVPN and am still in the process of learning how to use it. Can anyone help on this?

I would like to carry out the following operations using OpenVPN only:

1. The end-user creates his PKCS#10 CSR on his client machine (to be e-mailed to the VPN administrator for signing)

2. The VPN administrator submits the CSR to the OpenVPN CA for signing, receiving a certificate in return

3. The VPN administrator manually hands the certificate file to the end-user, as a means of ID verification

Is it possible to do all the above using OpenVPN only? As an alternative, I could follow the HOWTO procedure at http://openvpn.net/howto.html to run the entire process on the OpenVPN server + CA but I’d prefer to give the end-users some flexibility in the process by allowing them to carry out the generation themselves.

Ing Etienne V. Depasquale

Tel. +356 23402081

Mob. +356 79067828

E-mail: edepa@xxxxxxxx; evdepa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx