[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN to a server that is behind a double layer firewall

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN to a server that is behind a double layer firewall
  • From: David Mills <djmills@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 01:08:26 +0900

Hi,

I've got a server that is connected to a Planex BRC-W14VG wireless router (via
cable) with firewall activated.  That router is behind a second Planex
BRC-14VG router.

We used to have just the one router and I could connect remotely to the VPN on
the server.

But now with the second in place I can't get a connection happening - yet I
can ssh to the server remotely.  Both have a firewall activated for other
traffic.  We want both with a firewall since the internal network (as
supplied by the other router) is used by several businesses.

I have the internal router port forwarding both 22 (for ssh) and 1194 to the
server.  I have the other router port forwarding 22 and 1194 to the internal
router.

Yet ssh works but VPN does not.

Any suggestions anyone?

Planex says they are investigating for me - but it has been a week and no
answer yet.

Thanks,