Re: [Openvpn-users] build-key-pass confusion

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] build-key-pass confusion
  • From: "Mister T" <internetthierry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 16:25:52 +0200

Dear,

You can protect your certificate with a password. You can choose the password yourself but if you want to use OpenVPN GUI it is best to use a numerical one with maximum 8 digits.

This password will be asked each timeyou setup an opevpn tunnel.

It is a good idea to use password protected certificates if you store them on your client machine (not advisable).

If you plan to store you certificates on a SmartCard, I would not use this option as the SmartCard is allready protected by a PIN (password) and 2 PINs is too much.

Regards,
Thierry