Re: [Openvpn-users] I don't get it: why use a certificate?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] I don't get it: why use a certificate?
  • From: "Michael D. Berger" <m.d.berger@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:20:09 -0400

[...]
> If you have the laptop, you have the farm.

None of my keys are on my laptop, nor is any
information I would want to conceal.  All
my keys are on removable media, one of which
is carried in a small pocket case, along with
my house and car keys. (How many bits are
there is a house key?).

However it would be useful if the keys were
themselves password protected, as is the case
with PuTTy.  On the other hand, I doubt that
this password protects against a serious attack.

Mike.
--
Michael D. Berger
m.d.berger@xxxxxxxx