[Openvpn-users] Push route to vpn gw

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Push route to vpn gw
  • From: Florian Wilhelm <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:50:37 +0200

I've a question about pushing routes to the client.
I want to push a route to a network, in which the OpenVPN server is in
(with its public IP). Of cause the connection breaks if I change the
route the the vpn gatway.
I wounder, if there is a way to push to the client a command / route
that tells it to route the (known, static) IP address to the clients
default gateway.
Maybe sth. like
push "route <server-ip> $clients_default_gw"
I know this is exactly what is done if i'd change the client's default
gw with push "redirect-gateway", but I don't want to do this.
(I'm using OpenVPN 2.0.9, the server runs on linux, the clients WinXP)

Thank you for your help!

OpenVPN mailing lists