Re: [Openvpn-users] client-config-dir not working

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] client-config-dir not working
  • From: Peter Barwich <pbarwich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 16:03:15 +0100

Gabriele

It may just be worth pointing to you and other readers out that Erich's response applies ONLY to the dev tun interface (that you specified in your original config file). For dev tap interfaces the second parameter should be something like 255.255.255.0; the normal netmask for the address you are trying to push. ifconfig-push takes the same parameters as the ifconfig directive you are trying to implement on the client, so see --ifconfig l rn in the man page for openvpn (about 1/6 the way down). It took me a while to figure this out so maybe it'll save someone else time.

Re: [Openvpn-users] client-config-dir not working