Re: [Openvpn-users] openvpn on Debian setup

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] openvpn on Debian setup
  • From: Tony <kb2wjw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 17:45:12 +0400

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:30:42 +0400, Josh Cepek <josh.cepek@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, it will cause a problem if the network range overlaps with another
> assigned to a mobile VPN client.  I would recommend you use a
> less-common subnet, and the 172.16/12 is a good choice (I use networks
> in this range for my LAN and my VPNs for that same reason.)
That's why I'm seriously tempted to ask IANA to allocate yet another
IP-range - solely for VPN usage.

My personal experience is: most of GSM operators, who provide the GPRS
connectivity, have their clients allocated with exactly the 172.16/12
I had to move my setup to 5.*.*.* - like Hamachi does, to avoid the
IP-range clash completely.

Openvpn-users mailing list