[Openvpn-users] FC4 daemon with TAP

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] FC4 daemon with TAP
  • From: "Michael D. Berger" <m.d.berger@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 19:01:10 -0400

I have found on Linux FC4, when I run a bridge
openvpn as a daemon, certain other network
operations are blocked.  For example, I cannot ping
an outside location that I normally can ping.  The
problem persists after the daemon and bridge are
killed.  It is solved by with:
    /etc/init.d/network restart
which I therefore added to my shutdown script.
There is no comparable problem if openvpn is run
as a shell command rather than as a daemon.

Any thoughts?

Michael D. Berger

Openvpn-users mailing list