Re: [Openvpn-users] client-config-dir not working

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] client-config-dir not working
  • From: Erich Titl <erich.titl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 00:49:06 +0200

Gabriele Bulfon schrieb:
> Thanks for the reply.
> What is the meaning of ifconfig-push 10.1.1.7 10.1.1.8 ?
> Wich of the IP is the assigned IP?

One is assignet to the client end the other is the gateway on the server
end. IIRC the first is assigned to the client.

> I remember trying this, but I got some kind of debug on the client
> saying that the format was not fine, and that I should place the subnet
> mask after the IP...

Not with 2.0, I am not familiar with 2.1.

> Where do I place the default subnet other than /30?

You don't.....

from the howto I suggested to read:

Each pair of ifconfig-push addresses represent the virtual client and
server IP endpoints. They must be taken from successive /30 subnets in
order to be compatible with Windows clients and the TAP-Win32 driver.
Specifically, the last octet in the IP address of each endpoint pair
must be taken from this set:

cheers